Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Back to square one... well almost

Changing the wall color didn't work out as well as I had hoped. I was afraid that the couch wouldn't look too good with a lighter color. Well my fears were correct.  Our couch is too worn to look okay with a lighter color next to it. The sample colors I chose I did like on the wall opposite of the couch, but when I painted them on the wall next to the couch it brought out the lighter shades in the couch which happen to be the worn parts. It just wasn't a good combo. The couch we have is a hand me down=blessing! I really like the couch, its super comfy, it just happens to be one of those colors that is harder to work with.  
(Note: the colors look a lot better when they aren't next to the couch. In this picture, in my opinion the colors look awful. Plus this picture isn't the greatest picture of the couch :) ) 


With all that said we have decided to stick with the same color the walls are now and just update other parts of the room. 
I still plan to make the chevron curtains, possibly still do the grass cloth wall panel, and then rearrange the furniture. I also want to get a new TV stand so I have been hunting craigslist to find an old dresser/console table that I could possibly paint. Fun Fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment